Microbiome Approved Provider (MAP)
Since 2021 I have been a Microbiome Approved Instructor (now Microbiome Approved Provider), taking my training from Toni Harman at Microbirth.
My workshop "Foundations for Health: Optimizing Baby's Gut Microbiome" is usually two or three hours long and is approved by DONA International for the corresponding number of CE Hours. In this fun, interactive, live training for parents, pregnant people and birth workers, you will learn:
- About the infant microbiome - what it is, and why it is so important for the baby's health
- About nutrition during pregnancy and how that impacts the baby's microbiome
- Why vaginal birth, immediate skin to skin, and exclusive breastfeeding help optimally "seed and feed" the baby's microbiome
- Some simple strategies optimizing the baby's microbiome after cesarean birth
- How to set up the baby's immune system in the best possible way
For parents: You will learn the science you need to know. You will feel more confident and empowered about your birth and infant feeding choices - so you can make fully informed decisions that are right for you.